Monday, October 3, 2011

EOC Week One : Stallions not Unicorns


My ideal business plan involves me finishing up school at the Art Institute of Las Vegas and moving to the Bay Area, California. Once I get settled in California I would get a basic job and mingle with the local photographers and do side jobs of fashion or portraiture. By getting myself known to the photographers and businesses I then become a prime candidate for photography jobs in local magazines or advertisements. After I get a few of these jobs I then move my business to other locations like Los Angeles and then, hopefully, New York.  The process for making myself known is repeating and will do it over and over. I eventually would like to land a job working for a national magazine, runway photographer or advertisements in movies and television shows. The whole process getting from where I am now to being a main photographer for a national magazine could take anywhere from a few years to a few decades, however, I have the motivation to get there. Another business plan starts out similar to the fashion career but leads towards a different type of photography. Once I get to the Bay Area, I would mingle with people who deal with nature and foreign affairs. By mingling with these people, I would hope to achieve a place to take photos for a newspaper or some type of nature publication. Once I get my name known to the locals in that business I would expand my horizons and go to other places with lots of nature or plenty of news worthy locations and then get my name known there as a good photographer. Eventually I would like to land a job working for National Geographic as a main photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment